Thursday, May 13, 2010

Shouldn't the Supreme Court be Constitution Addicts?

Over the last several years, I've become more interested in politics. Why? Is it because I have finally grown up and realized the changes that the government, whether local, state or national, have made to my lifestyle? Is it because I have friends who can intelligently discuss their political views? Whatever the reason, I now follow what is happening in the world around me.

I find Supreme Court nominations fascinating. Shouldn't all party interests and agendas be on hold and the search for a true American who lives and dies for the Constitution be the goal?

I think all the latest reports on whether Kagan "is or is not" to be not as important as the bigger issue. Is she or is she not an American who believes in the Constitution? Will she or will she not put all personal thoughts aside and follow the law of the land? You know, the Constitution? The bedrock of our country? The one which spells out the powers of the government and the freedoms of the people? The one where it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed?


Just wondering......

No comments: