Thursday, July 9, 2009

Oh Precious Child

I admit it. In a moment of weakness, I agreed to take a carload of girls up to the American Girl Store. There's just no way I was going to disappoint the cutest little face in the world as she celebrates her first double digit birthday.

We were late leaving so I knew there would be traffic in Atlanta. Stop laughing-- I know, there is always traffic in Atlanta. I got on the interstate and prayed for a safe trip for us all and asked the good Lord to oversee the precious cargo in the car.

Wham. Shouting in such a kind, loving voice, I heard,"You, too, are precious cargo, my child." What an overwhelming sense of peace and love I felt in the marrow of my bones in that moment.

Thank you, my Lord, for reminding me that I, too, am loved and am a precious child in your love.

No comments: